Commitment to the environment
IQE is committed to protecting both the local and global environments in which we operate. We will achieve this by ensuring that all our activities, including the provision of products and services, are conducted in an environmentally responsible manner.
IQE will ensure that:
- We fully integrate environmental considerations into the business planning and decision making processes.
- Compliance obligations are identified and that our operations are conducted in accordance with these obligations.
- We validate our fulfilment of compliance obligations by means of documented periodic review.
- We employ best practice to reduce the environmental impact of our operations, prevent pollution, minimise waste and maximise the efficient use of energy and resources to protect the environment.
- We continually improve our environmental management system and its performance by setting measurable objectives and reviewing them on a regular basis.
- We provide suitable information and training to all employees, and interested parties to ensure that the aims of the environmental management system are achieved.
This policy sets the foundation upon which all IQE operations may expand to suit individual site requirements.
Dr A W Nelson
DOWNLOAD POLICY AS PDF
Third party accreditation
Click here to download copies of third party certification of IQE's Environmental Management Systems.
Compliance with RoHS
The Restriction Of the use of certain Hazardous Substances (RoHS) in electrical and electronic equipment is a European Directive that that takes effect from 01 July 2006. (http://www.rohs.gov.uk/).
IQE’s materials also comply with RoHS-II, EC Directive 2011/65/EU which comes into effect on 22 July 2019, with the addition of four new phthalate substances.
Certification of compliance and chemical content
IQE certifies that to its knowledge, products manufactured by all divisions of the IQE Group (all subsidiaries of IQE plc) conform to the requirements of the following European Union Directives:
1) EC Directive 2011/65/EU on the Restriction of the Use of Certain Hazardous Substances in Electrical and Electronic Equipment (RoHS), and its 22 July 2019 update – COM/2017/038.
The IQE Group declares that its epitaxial wafer products do not contain levels of the following substances exceeding 0.1% w/w (or 0.01% w/w for Cadmium):
- Cadmium (Cd)
- Lead (Pb)
- Hexavalent Chromium (Cr VI)
- Mercury (Hg)
- Polybrominated biphenyls (PBB)
- Polybrominated diphenyl ethers (PBDE)
- Bis (2-ethylhexyl) phthalate (DEHP)
- Butyl benzyl phthalate (BBP)
- Dibutyl phthalate (DBP)
- Diisobutyl phthalate (DIBP)
2) EC REACH Regulation 1907/2006/EC - the IQE Group also declares that its products do not contain levels of substances, contained within the Candidate List of Substances of Very High Concern (SVHC), that exceed 0.1% w/w of the product. The list of SVHC’s is continually updated on the ECA website, and is found at: https://echa.europa.eu/candidate-list-table
3) EC Directive 2002/96/EC on Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE).
Furthermore, IQE Group Companies' products do not contain, and are not manufactured with, substances subject to the Montreal Protocol on Substances that deplete the Ozone Layer. In addition, other substances listed below are not intentionally added to IQE Group Companies' products or packing materials:
- Azo compounds
- Ethylene glycol ethers and related compounds
- Halogenated dioxins and furans
- Radioactive substances
DOWNLOAD PRINTABLE PDF VERSION OF STATEMENT