Manufacturing Support Technician
The successful candidate will provide logistics support with the primary objective of maintaining the storage and disposal of wafers which are byproducts of the manufacturing process and to provide support where required in the Manufacturing and Procurement departments.
- Maintain the highest level of housekeeping within all cleanrooms and change areas, with particular responsibility for the control and disposition of reject production wafers and test wafers;
- Control the storage of reject wafers and test pieces outside of the cleanroom and to deliver items on request to technicians and engineers;
- Scrapping off of waste material when the prescribed time periods have passed;
- Participate in any training that is requested by Characterisation Engineer or Manager;
- Maintenance of cleanroom items as specified by characterisation engineers;
- Assist with tasks within the Manufacturing department;
- Carry out daily and weekly audits of all cleanroom consumables.
Your Qualifications & Experience:
- Basic level of computer competency;
- A good standard of education;
- Experience in a manufacturing industry.
- Interpersonal - ability to work closely and communicate with all levels of management, engineering and technical staff;
- Process – ability to work unaided;
- Product – Awareness of handling requirements for delicate and hazardous materials;
- Health and Safety – Must have a good awareness of the legislative requirements surrounding the equipment and process to be maintained.
In addition, we offer you:
- Generous contributory pension plan;
- 23 days annual leave (plus bank holidays) rising to 29 days after qualifying service;
- Membership of medical 'cash plan';
- Stock/share options;
- Bonus scheme;
- Death in service benefit of four times annual salary;
- Sickness insurance after qualifying period;
- Childcare voucher scheme.
Salary - £16,000 - £18,000 per annum
Hours of work - Monday - Friday, 8:30am - 5:00pm
Closing date - 30 June 2018
If you are interested in joining the IQE team please send your CV with a covering letter to:- Human Resources Department, IQE, Pascal Close, St Mellons, Cardiff, CF3 0LW or email EUCareers@iqep.com.