IQE Europe – Cardiff, United Kingdom
Provide support to the company’s plant and facility to ensure the continuous and smooth running of the production systems, minimising downtime and maximising production uptime and throughput.
- The day to day facility maintenance ensuring that production/service downtime is maintained to a minimum taking into account both cost effective and Health & Safety legislation;
- Implementing the facilities Permit to Work and PPM’s systems;
- Manage the Daily and Weekly Facility Check database system, analysing trends and carrying out any necessary corrective actions;
- Organising, planning and executing those appropriate actions to manage the major/minor/planned/defect works programmes;
- Maintaining such records to satisfy the legislative requirements of COSHH, Factories Acts, Health & Safety at Work Act;
- Maintaining a good standard of workmanship throughout all aspects of work also accounting for legislation and recommended practices;
- Assisting the Facilities Manager, in all aspects of the Facilities department as required;
- Liaise with other Operational Departments in providing information and advice on alarm status, contractor work and building management issues liable to affect process conditions;
- Provide training and communication in Facilities activities to relevant Manufacturing and Engineering staff as required;
- Adhering to all internal safety, HR, environmental and quality guidelines & procedures;
- Maintain a consistent supply of AsH3 / Ph3 to site, including prompt replenishment of cylinder banks and all necessary maintenance / documentation / record keeping;
- To ensure appropriate maintenance checks are carried out on building services, supplies, and exhaust abatement systems and record findings using suitable electronic systems.
Your Qualifications / Experience:
- HNC/HND or equivalent in an engineering discipline, ideally involving some degree of semiconductor technology and/or an appreciation of modern manufacturing techniques;
- Relevant apprenticeship;
- Previous experience in a facilities engineering role.
- Mechanical/Electrical/Electronic aptitude and experience;
- Able to prioritise effectively, make decisions and take decisive actions quickly under pressure;
- Good Organisational Skills;
- Excellent Problem Solving and Fault Finding Skills.
- Customer service;
- Motivating others;
- Teamwork and collaboration;
- Results focussed;
- Planning and organising;
- Problem solving.
In addition, we offer you:
- Generous Contributory Pension Plan;
- Bonus Scheme;
- 23 days annual leave (plus 8 Bank Holidays) rising to 29 days after qualifying service;
- Death in Service Benefit of four times annual salary;
- Sickness insurance after qualifying period;
- Membership of medical ‘cash plan’;
- Stock/share options;
- Childcare voucher scheme.
Salary - circa £30,000 per annum
Hours of Work - Monday – Friday 8.30am - 5.00pm
Closing Date - Ongoing
If you are interested in joining the IQE team please send your CV with a covering letter to:-Human Resources Department, IQE, Pascal Close, St Mellons, Cardiff, CF3 0LW or email email@example.com.