The role involves the cutting of wafers as part of the production activity, which will involve shift work on a 24-5 rotating shift pattern.
Key functions of the role are as follows:
- To cut III-V semiconductor single crystals into wafers on a rotating shift basis.
- To maintain product quality by processing materials according to instructions.
- To undergo cross training on other processes as and when required.
- The recording of critical process control data.
- To assist in the delivery of continuous improvement initiatives.
- To maintain the production data and complete all required paperwork.
- To mount and prepare single crystals in readiness for processing.
- To prepare and start up a process for cutting, surface grinding or cylindrically grinding single crystals.
- To monitor and maintain the processes in the cutting department.
- To complete/shutdown the processes in the cutting department.
- To handover the process from one shift to the next.
- To maintain the operational standard in accordance with the defined schedule, i.e. clean and prepare items of plant and equipment.
- Separate & dispose of by-products and waste as appropriate.
- Prepare work areas for maintenance activity.
- Adhering to all internal health, safety, HR, environmental and quality guidelines & procedures.
- To be flexible and undertake other designated duties at the direction of the line manager.
Qualifications / Experience
- Experience of working in a machine fabrication environment is required
- Experience of handling chemicals, awareness of COSHH regulations and the adherence to procedures and risk assessments.
- Familiarity with process control and Statistical Process Control techniques would be an advantage.
Interpersonal: ability to work closely and communicate with all levels of staff.
Attention to Detail: producing clean parts to tight tolerances, using metrology equipment to accurately measure parameters.
Flexibility: the job will entail routine production work that will require regular shift working over a 24-5 shift pattern, and may involve working different/additional shifts at short notice.
If you are interested in joining the IQE team please send your CV with a covering letter to:-Human Resources Department, IQE, Pascal Close, St Mellons, Cardiff, CF3 0LW or email email@example.com.