IQE currently offers GaN materials for RF products including 100mm GaN on SiC wafers which offer:
- excellent cross wafer uniformity
- lower cost per sq.cm
- excellent buffer isolation
IQE's GaN RF portfolio also includes advanced structure capability including:
- Indium Aluminium Nitride (InAlN)
- Indium Gallium Nitride (InGaN)
IQE announced on 8th October 2009 the acquisition of UK based NanoGaN to accelerate the commercialisation of advanced blue & green lasers and solid state lighting (SSL) products.
The partnership between IQE and NanoGaN increases the Group's gallium nitride product offering with the addition of:
- Free-standing GaN for blue & green laser diodes
- Free-standing GaN for UHB LEDs
- GaN epitaxy for LDs and UHB-LEDs
The latest additional GaN based products will facilitate the manufacture of blue and green laser products as well as epi-wafers for ultra high brightness LEDs used in Solid State Lighting (SSL) which will emerge as the replacement of choice for incandescent light bulbs and compact fluorescent lighting (CFL).