Shift Process Engineer
IQE Europe – St Mellons, Cardiff, United Kingdom
Translate customer’s requirements into a finished product that meets the customer’s defined physical, electronic and optical specifications. Carrying out these duties on a shifted basis and providing the main technical focal point out-of-normal working hours.
- Schedule bays to achieve released orders;
- Ensure quality and specification are to highest standard;
- Ensure that all customer requirements are met in full and on time;
- Inspect all pertinent production and characterisation data and authorise the release of product to the customer;
- Technical support for issues arising in connection with the operation of the bays;
- Ensure that technical data (internal/external characterisation, customer feedback) is used in an effective manner;
- Provide 1st pass problem solving activities prior to escalation to Senior Engineering Team;
- Prepare & present report on product & production related data (including for customers) as required;
- Monitor reactor performance and identify solutions to production problems;
- Participate in bay improvement programs.
Your Qualifications / Experience:
- Educated to degree level in a relevant engineering or scientific discipline, ideally involving some degree of semiconductor technology experience.
- Interpersonal - ability to work closely and communicate with all levels of operational, management and engineering staff. Must be an effective team player.
- Process – A very good understanding of the MOVPE process, characterisation & hardware capabilites, processes & procedures.
- Professional – Problem solving and basic statistical process and data skills. Must be able to prioritise and work well or make decisions under pressure.
- Product – Commercial awareness – understanding of customer requirements.
- Health and Safety – Must have a good awareness of the legislative requirements surrounding the process.
- Concern for Excellence;
- Flexibility and resilience;
- Personal Motivation;
- Team Working;
- Professional responsibility.
In addition, we offer you:
- Generous Contributory Pension Plan;
- Bonus Scheme;
- 21.5 shifts annual leave rising to 26 shifts after qualifying service;
- Death in Service Benefit of four times annual salary;
- Membership of medical ‘cash plan’;
- Stock/share options;
- Sickness insurance after qualifying period;
- Childcare voucher scheme.
Salary - £21,000 - £30,000 per annum plus 40% shift allowance
Hours of Work - Alternating shift pattern of 4 on / 4 off:
2 shifts 6.00 am > 6.15 pm
2 shifts 6.00 pm > 06.15 am
4 shifts off
Closing Date - Friday 12th January 2018
IQE is working in partnership with ESS Holdings for this vacancy and your CV will be forwarded to them for review. If you are interested in joining the IQE team please send your CV with a covering letter to:-Human Resources Department, IQE, Pascal Close, St Mellons, Cardiff, CF3 0LW or email firstname.lastname@example.org.