Shift Process Engineer
IQE Europe – St Mellons, Cardiff, United Kingdom
Translate customer’s requirements into a finished product that meets the customer’s defined physical, electronic and optical specifications. Carrying out these duties on a shifted basis and providing the main technical focal point out-of-normal working hours.
- Schedule processing tools to achieve released orders;
- Ensure quality and specification are to highest standard;
- Ensure that all customer requirements are met in full and on time;
- Inspect all pertinent production and characterisation data and authorise the release of product to the customer;
- Technical support for issues arising in connection with the operation of the production tools and material generated;
- Ensure that technical data (internal/external characterisation, customer feedback) is used in an effective manner;
- Provide 1st pass problem solving activities prior to escalation to Senior Engineering Team;
- Prepare & present report on product & production related data (including for customers) as required;
- Monitor reactor performance and identify solutions to production problems;
- Participate in operational improvement programs.
Your Qualifications / Experience:
- Educated to degree level in an engineering or scientific discipline, preferably including some semiconductor material processing technology experience.
- Able to demonstrate experience as a manufacturing / process / industrial engineer preferably in a materials processing field.
- Interpersonal - ability to work closely and communicate with all levels of operational, management and engineering staff. Must be an effective team player.
- Process – A very good understanding of the MOVPE process, characterisation & hardware capabilites, processes & procedures.
- Professional – Problem solving and basic statistical process and data skills. Must be able to prioritise and work well or make decisions under pressure.
- Product – Commercial awareness – understanding of customer requirements.
- Health and Safety – Must have a good awareness of the legislative requirements surrounding the process.
- Concern for Excellence;
- Flexibility and resilience;
- Personal Motivation;
- Team Working;
- Professional responsibility.
In addition, we offer you:
- Generous Contributory Pension Plan;
- Bonus Scheme;
- 21.5 shifts annual leave rising to 26 shifts after qualifying service;
- Death in Service Benefit of four times annual salary;
- Membership of medical ‘cash plan’;
- Stock/share options;
- Sickness insurance after qualifying period;
- Childcare voucher scheme.
Salary - £21,000 - £30,000 per annum plus 40% shift allowance
Hours of Work - Alternating shift pattern of 4 on / 4 off:
2 shifts 6.00 am > 6.15 pm
2 shifts 6.00 pm > 06.15 am
4 shifts off
To apply for this role please follow the link below: