Senior Process Engineer
IQE Europe, Cardiff, UK
IQE plc. is a leading global supplier of advanced semiconductor offering the widest product range of any independent wafer supplier in the world. We operate 11 manufacturing facilities; two in Cardiff, one in Milton Keynes and one in Bath in the UK; five in the USA; one in Taiwan and one in Singapore. The Group also has 11 sales offices located in major economic centres worldwide.
Day to day control of multiple process tools with a view to maximising quality and output, reporting of performance metrics and ensuring bays deliver the required product on time and to cost. You will liaise closely with Equipment and Operations teams, product Directors and customers to ensure all deliverables are achieved.
KEY FUNCTIONS TO THE ROLE ARE AS FOLLOWS
- Day-to-day responsibility for one or more process tools
- Recipe generation, customer sign-off and overall process responsibility for relevant product lines.
- Day-to-day reporting of performance metrics and ensure bays deliver required product on time and to cost
- Management/implementation of improvement projects to lift performance to world class standards
- Support to Product Directors and provide technical support to customers.
- Provide support to Sales Team during customer visits to site
- Provide escalation for operational team in event of process excursion.
- Adhering to all internal safety, HR, environmental and quality guidelines & procedures.
Hours /Shifts; Monday – Friday 8.30am - 5.00pm
Education background; Graduate or higher graduate in a relevant scientific or engineering discipline
- An innate understanding of MOVPE/CVD processes & characterisation
- Problem solving and basic statistical process and data skills
Previous Experience; Previous III/V semiconductor, process control or data analysis experience would be an advantage as would JMP data analysis and Visual basic skills..
Technical skills; Computer Literate, Dextrous, High Attention to Detail
Interpersonal skills; Ability to work closely and communicate with all levels of management, engineering and technical staff.
If you are interested in joining the IQE team please send your CV with a covering letter to:-Human Resources Department, IQE, Pascal Close, St Mellons, Cardiff, CF3 0LW or email email@example.com.