Senior Process Engineer
IQE Silicon, Cardiff, UK
IQE plc. is a leading global supplier of advanced semiconductor offering the widest product range of any independent wafer supplier in the world. We operate 11 manufacturing facilities; two in Cardiff, one in Milton Keynes and one in Bath in the UK; five in the USA; one in Taiwan and one in Singapore. The Group also has 11 sales offices located in major economic centres worldwide.
Responsible for the day to day management of engineering projects and qualifications with particular focus on quality, lead time and cost control. First point of contact to investigate process related issues on standard production.
- Delivering enginering packages of work to both internal and external customers in a timely fashion;
- Day-to-day responsibility for the management of projects;
- Liaising with teams to ensure reactors are maintained and run to the required specifications ensuring the customer is delivered a quality product;
- Management / implementation of improvement projects to lift performance to world class standards;
- Management of Yield / YMC improvement and cost control;
- Provide technical support to customers;
- Provide support to sales team during customer visits to site;
- Provide escalation path to shift teams for problem solving;
- Technical support for issues arising on various processes;
- Provide training to technicians on new processes and new equipment;
- Review and report SPC performances; manage and drive process FMEA for specific processes.
Your Qualifications / Experience:
- Graduate or higher graduate in a relevant scientific or engineering discipline;
- Significant experience as a process engineer in a semiconductor Cleanroom environment;
- Process control with data analysis experience would be an advantage as would JMP data analysis software;
- Working knowledge of SPC FMEA and major problem solving tools.
- Computer Literate;
- High attention to detail;
- Familiar with CVD equipments;
- Good commercial awareness.
- Motivating others;
- Customer service;
- Commercial awareness;
- Creativity and innovation;
- Results focussed;
- Planning and organisation
- Analytical thinking and problem solving;
- Judgement and decision making;
- Teamwork and collaboration.
In return, we offer you:
- Generous Contributory Pension Plan;
- 23 days annual leave (plus 8 Bank Holidays) rising to 29 days after qualifying service;
- Membership of medical ‘cash plan’;
- Private Health Cover;
- Stock/share options;
- Bonus Scheme;
- Death in Service Benefit of four times annual salary;
- Sickness insurance after qualifying period;
- Childcare voucher scheme.
Salary - £35,000 - £50,000 per annum
Hours of Work - Monday – Friday 8.30am - 5.00pm
Closing Date - Friday 24th November 2017
If you are interested in joining the IQE team please send your CV with a covering letter to:-Human Resources Department, IQE, Pascal Close, St Mellons, Cardiff, CF3 0LW or email email@example.com.