Senior Infrastructure Engineer
Reporting to the Group IT Infrastructure Operations Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for providing an excellent technical service to the organisations users in a helpdesk environment including supporting some “out of hours” work, especially during emergencies. From time to time, the employee will be involved in projects in either a leading or a supporting role.
- Carrying out technical/IT related tasks and ensuring all work quality is of a high standard across the team. Supported with good documentation including quality process documentation;
- Ensure that all customer requirements are met in full and on time;
- To monitor servers and carry out pro-active duties to ensure they are functioning correctly and in a stable condition;
- Promoting innovation and ensure troubleshooting skills are of a high standard;
- To prepare, present & report on IT issues, including justification for expenditure & pro’s con’s situations when required;
- To participate in, drive and sometimes control local projects.
Your Qualifications & Experience:
- Qualification in an IT or scientific discipline, preferably to degree level or a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role;
- Qualifications in Microsoft technologies;
- Experience with Microsoft technologies. (Installing, configuring, supporting, troubleshooting) :
- Microsoft Windows XP, 7, 8 and 10
- Microsoft Windows server 2008 / 2008R2 / 2012 / 2016
- Microsoft Exchange Server 210 and 2016
- Microsoft Lync Server 2013
- Microsoft DPM 2012 and 2016
- Microsoft Forefront Protection Suite
- Microsoft SCCM 2012 / 2016
- Microsoft SCOM 2012 / 2016
- Microsoft Office 2016
- Microsoft Skype for Business 2016
- Fortinet Firewall Solutions – FortiGate / FortiWeb and FortiMail
- Storage Solutions – ISCSI, SAN , 3Par, etc.
- Virtualisation Technologies – Microsoft HyperV
- Active Directory tools and DNS, WINS, DHCP, DFS and Group Policy.
- Experience with networks including: Networking Monitoring Tools; VLAN’s; QOS ( Quality of Service ); Wireless AP’s;
- Experience with HP hardware; Servers; Laptops, desktops; Switches and network hardware.
- Technology - ability to work very competently in a Microsoft environment and have the drive and commitment to adapt, learn and own new technologies;
- Interpersonal - ability to work closely and communicate well with all levels of operational, management and IT staff. Essential to be an effective team player;
- Process – A very good understanding of troubleshooting processes,
- Professional – Customer support skills and work planning skills are essential along with the ability to multi-task and prioritise effectively;
- Product – Commercial awareness is sometimes important to be able to prioritise customer requests;
- Health and Safety – Must have a good awareness of the legislative requirements surrounding the process.
In addition, we offer you:
- Generous contributory pension plan;
- 23 days annual leave (plus bank holidays) rising to 29 days after qualifying service;
- Membership of medical 'cash plan';
- Stock/share options;
- Bonus scheme;
- Death in service benefit of four times annual salary;
- Sickness insurance after qualifying period;
- Childcare voucher scheme.
Salary - Up to £35,000 per annum
Hours of work - Monday - Friday, 8:30am - 5:00pm
Closing date - 09/11/2018
If you are interested in joining the IQE team please send your CV with a covering letter to:- Human Resources Department, IQE, Pascal Close, St Mellons, Cardiff, CF3 0LW or email EUCareers@iqep.com.