IQE Europe - Cardiff, UK
The successful candidate will be responsible for establishing best in class manufacturing processes that enable cost effective manufacturing while meeting or exceeding customer product requirements. As part of IQE’s Worldwide Technology Group this position will based at the head office in Cardiff, interacting across sites to ensure appropriate alignment as required. You will serve as the process expert for assigned areas.
- Define best in class processes for assigned technologies;
- Closely collaborate with local site process engineering teams and product/technology managers to establish golden processes and recipes;
- Review and manage cross site recipes and control plans to ensure appropriate alignment;
- Manage manufacturing specifications. The specifications must be achievable / manufacturable and must ensure that customer product requirements are met;
- Support the IQE Group as required for customer queries, complaints, etc.;
- Support local sites in troubleshooting as assigned.
- Motivating others;
- Customer service;
- Commercial awareness;
- Planning and organising;
- Analytical thinking and problem solving;
- Teamwork and collaboration.
Your Qualifications & Experience:
- MSc or PhD in a science or engineering discipline;
- Direct, hands-on epitaxial engineering experience in either MOVPE and or MBE;
- Firm, fundamental understanding of III-V semiconductor growth Working understanding of the theory of semiconductor device operation relevant to focus area(s);
- Fluent understanding of how growth impacts device performance;
- Firm understanding of MBE and MOVPE equipment;
- Experience of VCSEL processing.
- Interpersonal - ability to work closely and communicate with all levels with internal and external personnel. Must be an effective team player.
In addition, we offer you:
- Generous contributory pension plan;
- 23 days annual leave (plus bank holidays) rising to 29 days after qualifying service;
- Membership of medical 'cash plan';
- Stock/share options;
- Bonus scheme;
- Death in service benefit of four times annual salary;
- Sickness insurance after qualifying period;
- Private healthcare;
- Childcare voucher scheme.
Salary - £45,000 - £50,000 per annum
Hours of work - Monday - Friday, 8:30am - 5:00pm
It should be noted that some overseas travel will be required
Closing date - Ongoing
If you are interested in joining the IQE team please send your CV with a covering letter to:- Human Resources Department, IQE, Pascal Close, St Mellons, Cardiff, CF3 0LW or email EUCareers@iqep.com.