Reporting to the Group IT Infrastructure Operations Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for providing an excellent technical service to the organisations users in a helpdesk environment along with providing desktop support, including some “out of hours” work especially during emergencies.
- First line support for Helpdesk system;
- Carrying out technical/IT related tasks and ensuring all work quality is of a high standard across the team. Supported with good documentation including quality process documentation;
- Ensure that all customer requirements are met in full and on time;
- Promoting innovation and ensure troubleshooting skills are of a high standard;
- To participate in both local and group wide projects;
- Adhering to all internal safety, HR, environmental and quality guidelines & procedures.
Your Qualifications & Experience:
- Qualification in an IT discipline, or a minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar role;
- Qualifications in Microsoft technologies;
- Experience with Microsoft technologies. (Installing, configuring, supporting, troubleshooting): Microsoft Windows XP, 7, 8 and 10; Microsoft Windows server 2008 / 2008R2 / 2012 / 2016; Microsoft Office 2013 and 2016; Virtualisation Technologies – Microsoft HyperV; Active Directory tools and DNS, WINS, DHCP, DFS and Group Policy;
- Experience with networks including: Wireless AP’s;
- Experience with HP hardware– Laptops, desktops; Switches and network hardware.
- Technology - ability to work very competently in a Microsoft environment and have the drive and commitment to adapt, learn and own new technologies.
- Interpersonal - ability to work closely and communicate well with all levels of operational, management and IT staff. Essential to be an effective team player.
- Process – A very good understanding of troubleshooting processes,
- Professional – Customer support skills and work planning skills are essential along with the ability to multi-task and prioritise effectively.
- Product – Commercial awareness is sometimes important to be able to prioritise customer requests.
- Health and Safety – Must have a good awareness of the legislative requirements surrounding the process.
In addition, we offer you:
- Generous contributory pension plan;
- 23 days annual leave (plus bank holidays) rising to 29 days after qualifying service;
- Membership of medical 'cash plan';
- Stock/share options;
- Bonus scheme;
- Death in service benefit of four times annual salary;
- Sickness insurance after qualifying period;
- Childcare voucher scheme.
Salary - Up to £30,000 per annum
Hours of work - Monday - Friday, 8:30am - 5:00pm
Closing date - 30 June 2018
If you are interested in joining the IQE team please send your CV with a covering letter to:- Human Resources Department, IQE, Pascal Close, St Mellons, Cardiff, CF3 0LW or email EUCareers@iqep.com.