Group Software Development Team Leader
IQE Europe – St Mellons, Cardiff, United Kingdom
Leading a sub team of developers within a larger software development team. Taking direction from IT line management, you will be heavily involved in planning, projects, support, relationships, quality (& continuous improvement), sensitive software development processes, technology, bespoke coded software systems and associated interfaces to other systems and equipment.
- Involved in the design, development, support and maintenance of bespoke coded software solutions, along with interfaces to systems and equipment;
- Hands on coding, trouble shooting and fixing;
- Database monitoring, tuning and admin. tasks;
- Planning data and defining requirements for storage, archive and backup for infra team;
- Update and continually improve the process required to function effectively through the system development lifecycle;
- Involved in processes for planning, work scheduling and prioritising;
- Analysing and reporting on the team’s work;
- Supporting users in writing specs and helping standardise business processes;
Quality and Continuous Improvement
- Managing Quality: Code control / deployments / development procedures with best practice / automation / tools usage / do’s and don’ts.
- Coordinate and drive projects and change;
- Facilitate the relationship of staff within IT and within the business and their processes;
- Coordinate and support all tasks within the sub development team;
- Undertake skills analysis and ensure appropriate training is provided;
- Provide out of hours support and act as backup for the developers as and when needed.
Your Qualifications / Experience
- Educated to degree level in a relevant scientific discipline;
- Experience of managing a software development team;
- Awareness of ERP systems and functionality.
- Key stakeholder management;
- Excellent customer service skills;
- Self-awareness – encouraging 360 feedback;
- Excellent verbal and written communication;
- Analytical and strong problem-solver;
- Strong Microsoft Office Skills;
- Leadership and management;
- Report writing skills;
- Concern for Excellence
- Customer orientation
- Interpersonal sensitivity
- Flexibility and resilience
- Personal Motivation
- Team Working.
In addition, we offer you:
- Generous Contributory Pension Plan
- 23 days annual leave (plus 8 Bank Holidays) rising to 29 days after qualifying service
- Membership of medical ‘cash plan’
- Private Health Cover
- Bonus Scheme
- Death in Service Benefit of four times annual salary
- Sickness insurance after qualifying period
- Stock/share options.
Salary: c. £50,000
Hours of Work: Monday – Friday 8.30am - 5.00pm with some out of hours work and potential for a shift pattern to be worked from time to time.
Closing Date: Friday 15th September 2017
If you are interested in joining the IQE team please send your CV with a covering letter to:- Human Resources Department, IQE, Pascal Close, St Mellons, Cardiff, CF3 0LW or email EUCareers@iqep.com.