IQE Europe – Cardiff, United Kingdom
Provide support to the company’s plant and facility to ensure the continuous and smooth running of the production systems, minimising downtime and maximising production uptime and throughput.
- The day to day facility maintenance ensuring that production/service downtime is maintained to a minimum taking into account both cost effective and Health & Safety legislation;
- Implementing the facilities Permit to Work and PPM’s systems;
- Manage the Daily and Weekly Facility Check database system, analysing trends and carrying out any necessary corrective actions;
- Organising, planning and executing those appropriate actions to manage the major/minor/planned/defect works programmes;
- Maintaining such records to satisfy the legislative requirements of COSHH, Factories Acts, Health & Safety at Work Act;
- Maintaining a good standard of workmanship throughout all aspects of work also accounting for legislation and recommended practices;
- Assisting the Facilities Manager, in all aspects of the Facilities department as required;
- Liaise with other Operational Departments in providing information and advice on alarm status, contractor work and building management issues liable to affect process conditions;
- Provide training and communication in Facilities activities to relevant Manufacturing and Engineering staff as required;
- Adhering to all internal safety, HR, environmental and quality guidelines & procedures;
- Maintain a consistent supply of AsH3 / Ph3 to site, including prompt replenishment of cylinder banks and all necessary maintenance / documentation / record keeping;
- To ensure appropriate maintenance checks are carried out on building services, supplies, and exhaust abatement systems and record findings using suitable electronic systems.
Your Qualifications / Experience:
- HNC/HND or equivalent in an engineering discipline, ideally involving some degree of semiconductor technology and/or an appreciation of modern manufacturing techniques;
- Relevant apprenticeship;
- Previous experience in a facilities engineering role.
- Mechanical/Electrical/Electronic aptitude and experience;
- Able to prioritise effectively, make decisions and take decisive actions quickly under pressure;
- Good Organisational Skills;
- Excellent Problem Solving and Fault Finding Skills.
- Customer service;
- Motivating others;
- Teamwork and collaboration;
- Results focussed;
- Planning and organising;
- Problem solving.
In addition, we offer you:
- Generous Contributory Pension Plan;
- Bonus Scheme;
- 23 days annual leave (plus 8 Bank Holidays) rising to 29 days after qualifying service;
- Death in Service Benefit of four times annual salary;
- Sickness insurance after qualifying period;
- Membership of medical ‘cash plan’;
- Stock/share options;
- Childcare voucher scheme.
Salary - circa £30,000 per annum
Hours of Work - Monday – Friday 8.30am - 5.00pm
Closing Date - Friday 15th December 2017
IQE is working in partnership with ESS Holdings for this vacancy and your CV will be forwarded to them for review. If you are interested in joining the IQE team please send your CV with a covering letter to:-Human Resources Department, IQE, Pascal Close, St Mellons, Cardiff, CF3 0LW or email email@example.com.