Facilities Engineer Silicon
The successful candidate will provide support to the company’s plant and facilities enabling the continuous and smooth running of production requirements. Managing the various site services and systems in terms of, fault diagnosis & rectification, preventative maintenance, record keeping and performance monitoring. He/She will drive continuous improvement by identifying and implementing improvements that enable superior system performance and longevity. Additionally will drive and co-ordinate all facilities engineering projects to completion.
- Day to day maintenance of all facilities systems ensuring that production/service availability is maintained taking into account both cost effective performance and Health & Safety legislation;
- Implement facilities Permit to Work and Planned Preventative Maintenance systems
- Provide clear and concise justifications for facilities upgrades or continuous improvement works clearly detailing the return on investment for the site. Periodic review of all facilities/plant procedures to ensure the instructions are true, up to date and reflect the current requirements;
- Organise, plan and execute appropriate actions to manage the major/minor/planned works programmes to ensure optimal uptime of facilities for manufacturing support;
- Maintain required records and information to satisfy the legislative requirements of COSHH, Factories Acts, Health & Safety at Work Act;
- Maintain a good standard of workmanship throughout all aspects of work also accounting for legislation and recommended practices;
- Assist the Manufacturing Manager, in all aspects of the Facilities requirements and to support equipment engineering on non-facilities equipment (as required);
- Liaise with other Operational Departments in providing information and advice on alarm status, contractor work and building management issues liable to affect process conditions;
- Provide training and communication on facilities activities to relevant Manufacturing and Engineering staff as required;
- Review with vendors the requisition of parts for improvement activities or replacement or repair of current parts;
- Control all site ISO14001 2015 & ISO9001 2015 records and requirements to relevant bodies, completing annual reporting & audits as required;
- Ensure appropriate maintenance checks are carried out on building services, supplies, and exhaust abatement systems and record findings using suitable electronic systems.
Your Qualifications & Experience:
- HNC/HND or equivalent in an engineering discipline, ideally involving some degree of semiconductor technology and/or an appreciation of modern manufacturing techniques;
- Relevant apprenticeship.
- Good understanding of all Supporting facilities/plant equipment & Epitaxial related equipment;
- Mechanical/Electrical/Electronic aptitude and experience;
- Able to prioritise effectively, make decisions and take decisive actions quickly under pressure;
- Good Organisational Skills;
- Excellent Problem Solving and Fault Finding Skills.
In addition, we offer you:
- Generous contributory pension plan;
- 23 days annual leave (plus bank holidays) rising to 29 days after qualifying service;
- Membership of medical 'cash plan';
- Stock/share options;
- Bonus scheme;
- Death in service benefit of four times annual salary;
- Sickness insurance after qualifying period;
- Childcare voucher scheme.
Salary - Up to £35,000 per annum
Hours of work - Monday - Friday, 8:30am - 5:00pm
Closing date - 30 October 2018
If you are interested in joining the IQE team please send your CV with a covering letter to:- Human Resources Department, IQE, Pascal Close, St Mellons, Cardiff, CF3 0LW or email EUCareers@iqep.com.