IQE Europe – Cardiff, United Kingdom
To Manage the Facilities Department at IQE Newport facility to ensure that all site equipment is maintained / kept fully operational and compliant with current and future regulations.
- The operational management of building, plant, site services and exhaust abatement systems in terms of operation, maintenance, scheduling, record keeping and performance;
- Reporting on building and support services performance metrics;
- Support and coordinate specific Engineering Improvement Projects covering plant and associated equipment and support systems;
- Ensure appropriate maintenance checks are carried out on building services, supplies and exhaust abatement systems and record findings using suitable electronic systems;
- Provide medium and long term planned preventative maintenance schedules;
- Ensure effective management of team with focus on achieving business goals;
- Act as the Competent Person in all activities carried out in the area of responsibility;
- Ensure all processes are documented and recorded in accordance with the Company's QA documentation system, and that all Quality data and programmes are kept up to date;
- Coordinate with the HSE Manager and Operations Director to ensure all legislative requirements are met;
- Manage external contractors, including coordinating appropriate Permits to Work;
- Ensure that the results and recommendations of any audits or Incident Reporting (internal or external, Quality, Safety etc). are acted upon in an effective and timely manner;
- Oversee the monitoring of condition, location and validity of Personal Protective Equipment BA;
- Ensure facilities procedures and processes are followed by all employees and that training and sign-off is implemented to ensure adherence;
- Implement technical direction & strategy as directed by IQE Group;
- Operating within legislative requirements such as HASAW, COMAH & PSR.
Your Qualifications / Experience:
- Graduate or equivalent in an engineering discipline, preferable Electrical;
- Previous experience of working in a process manufacturing environment and/or an appreciation of modern manufacturing techniques;
- A RICS registered professional Facilities Manager;
- Previous experience of managing contractors and facilities maintenance is a pre requisite;
- Process control and process safety management experience;
- Previous exposure to HASAW, COMAH & PSR would be an advantage.
- Mechanical/Electrical/Electronic aptitude and experience;
- Able to understand and create database systems and be literate in data handling software to improve engineering performance through use of statistical methods;
- Able to prioritise effectively, make decisions and take decisive actions quickly under pressure;
- Good Organisational and Project Management Skills;
- Excellent Problem Solving and Fault Finding Skills;
- Thorough understanding of Safety Instrumented Systems;
- Thorough understanding of Local Exhaust Ventilation (LEV.) regulations.
- Able to motivate and develop others;
- Planning & organising work and projects;
- Analytical, logical thinking & problem solving;
- High level of creativity & innovation;
- Results focussed and able to take initiative;
- Sound judgement & decision making based on facts and data;
- Good oral and written communication;
- High degree of flexibility in terms of work hrs and schedule.
In addition, we offer you:
- Generous Contributory Pension Plan;
- Bonus Scheme;
- 23 days annual leave (plus 8 Bank Holidays) rising to 29 days after qualifying service;
- Death in Service Benefit of four times annual salary;
- Membership of medical ‘cash plan’;
- Private Healthcare;
- Sickness insurance after qualifying period;
- Stock/share options;
- Childcare voucher scheme.
Salary - circa £65,000 per annum
Hours of Work - Monday – Friday 8.30am - 5.00pm
Closing Date - Friday 30th March 2018
IQE is working in partnership with ESS Holdings for this vacancy and your CV will be forwarded to them for review. If you are interested in joining the IQE team please send your CV with a covering letter to:-Human Resources Department, IQE, Pascal Close, St Mellons, Cardiff, CF3 0LW or email firstname.lastname@example.org.