Equipment Operations Director
IQE Europe – Cardiff, United Kingdom
Leadership and management of the shift based maintenance operation. Managing and directing all preventative and unplanned maintenance and repair activity through a 4 shift, 24/7 function. Development of staff skills and overall proficiency to work to a high standard of accuracy and discipline using defined work instructions and procedures. To drive continuous improvement by identifying and implementing value added upgrades and changes to work instructions and procedures that improve overall asset uptime and stability.
- Create and implement a strategy, policies and procedures for day-to-day maintenance of production assets and ancillary plant support systems;
- Optimise overall policy and organisation structure to enable best practice application of procedures and work instructions;
- Optimise performance of production equipment uptime through detailed analysis;
- Drive performance improvement in 3 main areas – task time vs target, 1st time reactor qualification pass after maintenance tasks and Mean Time To Fail (MTTF) between maintenance tasks;
- Use of defined Preventative Maintenance administration and task management systems;
- Drive problem solving processes;
- Liaise with other functional groups within site operations in order to understand and communicate tactical and day to day priority;
- Proactive involvement in the support of site operational improvement projects and problem solving;
- Create, manage and drive staff training programs using defined procedures and work instructions;
- Manage staff performance to agreed objectives;
- Liaise with support functions to enable optimum supply of critical reactor spares;
- Create and drive reactor maintenance improvement programmes aimed at reducing variability between maintenance events;
- Use FMEA type analysis to improve asset uptime and stability;
- Create and manage audit programs to measure the effectiveness of individuals performing tasks to work instructions and written procedures;
- Implement technical direction & strategy as directed by IQE Group Equipment Engineering;
- Operating within legislative requirements such as HASAW, COMAH & PSR.
Your Qualifications / Experience:
- Graduate or equivalent in an Engineering discipline with relevant experience gained in maintenance & equipment management.
- Previous experience of working in a process manufacturing environment and/or an appreciation of modern manufacturing techniques;
- Experience of working in the Semiconductor industry on the maintenance of production/process equipment would be an advantage;
- Previous exposure to HASAW, COMAH & PSR would be an advantage.
- Understanding of MOCVD wafer production technology would be a distinct advantage;
- Mechanical/Electrical/Electronic aptitude and relevant experience;
- Able to prioritise effectively and make decisions under pressure;
- Good organisational & interpersonal skills;
- Good computer skills and proficiency;
- Excellent problem solving and logical fault diagnosis skills.
- Able to motivate and develop others;
- Planning & organising work and projects;
- Analytical, logical thinking & problem solving;
- Excellent customer service – internal;
- High level of creativity & innovation;
- Able to take initiative;
- Sound judgement & decision making based on facts and data;
- Results focussed;
- Good oral and written communication;
- High degree of flexibility in terms of work hrs and schedule.
In addition, we offer you:
- Generous Contributory Pension Plan;
- 23 days annual leave (plus 8 Bank Holidays) rising to 29 days after qualifying service;
- Membership of medical ‘cash plan’;
- Private Healthcare;
- Bonus Scheme;
- Death in Service Benefit of four times annual salary;
- Sickness insurance after qualifying period;
- Stock/share options;
- Childcare voucher scheme.
Salary - £50,000 - £60,000 per annum
Hours of Work - Monday – Friday 8.30am - 5.00pm
Closing Date - Friday 15th December 2017
IQE is working in partnership with ESS Holdings for this vacancy and your CV will be forwarded to them for review. If you are interested in joining the IQE team please send your CV with a covering letter to:-Human Resources Department, IQE, Pascal Close, St Mellons, Cardiff, CF3 0LW or email email@example.com.