IQE is a leading global supplier of advanced semiconductor material offering the widest product range of any independent wafer supplier in the world. We operate 11 manufacturing facilities; two in Cardiff, one in Milton Keynes and one in Bath in the UK; five in the USA; one in Taiwan and one in Singapore. The Group also has 11 sales offices located in major economic centres worldwide.
To provide Equipment Engineering support to production by managing the various systems in terms of, breakdown, maintenance, planned preventative maintenance, record keeping and performance. To enact timely fault finding repairs to manufacturing systems and ensure continuous improvement by identifying and implementing lasting solutions to production problems.
- The day-to-day maintenance of manufacturing systems and ancillary plant support systems.
- Maximising the uptime of all equipment necessary for production.
- Continual Improvement of reliability and performance of systems and equipment.
- Proactive involvement in the support of MOVPE process improvement and problem solving programmes.
- To pursue personal objectives decided at appraisal and progress improvement projects in line with company objectives.
- Adhering to all internal safety, HR, environmental and quality guidelines & procedures.
- To provide site wide engineering and maintenance support to be carried out on manufacturing systems.
- To provide medium and long term planned preventative maintenance function and record keeping.
- To act as the Competent Person in all activities carried out in the area for which you are responsible
- To monitor equipment performance and identify problems, establish and implement lasting solutions to those problems.
- To liaise with the line manager on a regular basis to determine current priorities
Qualifications and experience:
HND or higher in an engineering discipline
Previous Experience; Experience of semiconductor maintenance is preferred but not essential. Competence with general engineering principles, practise and theory should be key attributes.
- Ability to work with and lead a team by example
- Mechanical/Electrical/Electronic aptitude and experience
- Excellent problem solving and fault finding skills
Interpersonal skills; A quality focussed, self starter with the desire to drive continuous improvement through the organisation and challenge the status quo.
Hours of work:
Alternating shift pattern of 4 on / 4 off
2 shifts 6.00 am > 6.15 pm
2 shifts 6.00 pm > 06.15 am
4 shifts off
Salary: £23,000 - £32,000 depending on experience, + 40% shift allowance.
Closing date: Ongoing
If you are interested in joining the IQE team please send your CV with a covering letter to:- Human Resources Department, IQE, Pascal Close, St Mellons, Cardiff, CF3 0LW or email email@example.com.