Crystal Growth Technician
Wafer Technology Ltd. - Milton Keynes, UK
The role involves the growth of single crystal boules as part of the production activity at Wafer Technology Ltd., which will involve shift work on a 24-5 rotating shift pattern.
- Set and adjust computerised or mechanical controls to regulate power level, temperature, vacuum, and rotation speed of furnace, according to crystal growing specifications;
- Observe and monitor material meltdown and crystal growth, and readjust equipment controls as necessary;
- Load equipment with materials to grow crystals of semiconductor material;
- Inspect equipment for leaks, diagnose equipment malfunctions and request repairs;
- Analyse processing procedures and equipment functions to identify and resolve semiconductor crystal growth problems;
- Replace furnace liners and pressure chamber accessories;
- Maintain product quality by processing materials according to instructions;
- Assist in the delivery of CI initiatives;
- Undergo cross training on other processes as and when required;
- Maintain the production data and complete all required paperwork;
- Prepare seed crystals in readiness for the growth process;
- Prepare and start up a process for single crystal growth;
- Monitor and maintain the processes in the growth department;
- Complete/shutdown the processes in the growth department;
- Maintain the operational standard in accordance with the defined schedule;
- Separate & dispose of by-products and waste as appropriate;
- Prepare work areas for maintenance.
Your Qualifications / Experience:
- Good standard of general education;
- Experience of handling chemicals, awareness of COSHH regulations and the adherence to procedures and risk assessments;
- Familiarity with process control and Statistical Process Control techniques would be an advantage.
- Interpersonal - ability to work closely and communicate with all levels of staff;
- Attention to Detail – to maintain cleanliness to prevent contamination and follow process specifications precisely;
- Flexibility – the job will entail routine production work that will require regular shift working over a 24-5 shift pattern, and may involve working different/additional shifts at short notice.
- Customer service;
- Results focussed;
- Analytical thinking and problem solving;
- Judgement and decision making;
- Teamwork and collaboration;
In addition, we offer you:
- Contributory Pension Plan;
- 28 days leave (incl. Bank Holidays) rising to 33 days after qualifying service;
- Membership of medical ‘cash plan’;
- Private Healthcare;
- Bonus Scheme;
- Death in Service Benefit of three times annual salary;
- Sickness insurance after qualifying period;
- Stock/share options.
Salary - £22,600 including shift allowance
Hours of Work - Rotating shift pattern: 07:00 – 15:00, 15:00 – 23:00 and 23:00 – 07:00
Closing Date - Friday 24th November 2017
If you are interested in joining the IQE team please send your CV with a covering letter to:-Human Resources Department, IQE, Pascal Close, St Mellons, Cardiff, CF3 0LW or email firstname.lastname@example.org.